Paul Daley | Bellator MMA

The news of Bellator 241’s postponement left several disappointed fighters in its wake.

Originally scheduled to take place Friday evening, the Uncasville, Conn., card was to play host to the quarterfinals of the Bellator Featherweight World Grand Prix, which included division champion Patricio “Pitbull” Freire defending his title against Pedro Carvalho.

Instead, Freire and Carvalho will have to wait for an indeterminate amount of time to settle their grudge, as will other notable names on the card, a few of whom chimed in on social media to express their feelings on the matter.

Check out the reaction from the Bellator 241 fighters and personalities below.

View this post on Instagram

Thank you @bellatormma for the way they’ve handled the CANCELLATION of Bellator 241 here at the @mohegansun. They’re doing the right thing in the face of a global pandemic. Taking care of us fighters. Right now we must all do our part to help defeat this virus. Stay blessed all. Thank you @mikekogan @rich_chou @aliabdelaziz000 @bellatormma @dominance_mma Hopefully im back fighting in the Bellator cage soon. Maybe LONDON @bellator.europe in May

A post shared by Paul Daley (@semtex170) on Mar 13, 2020 at 12:02pm PDT

@bellatormma decided to not move forward with the show. They will take care of the fighters as always but I am heartbroken to say the least. I was extremely well prepared. My team & my family sacrificed so much to make it here. Please give me some time to be with my thoughts #NewellWorldOrder

A post shared by Nick Newell (@notoriousnewell) on Mar 13, 2020 at 12:18pm PDT

It’s with huge sadness that I announce that the show of today was postponed because of the current events.. I’m completely devastated but at the same time keeping the focus because sooner or later I’ll get what is mine. I truly don’t know what else to say right now.. Much love to you all and stay strong ❤️ - É com enorme tristeza que anuncio que o show de hoje foi adiado por causa dos eventos atuais. Estou completamente arrasado, mas, ao mesmo tempo, mantendo o foco, porque mais cedo ou mais tarde receberei o que é meu. Eu realmente não sei mais o que dizer agora .. Muito amor para todos vocês e permaneçam fortes ❤

A post shared by Pedro Carvalho (@pedrocarvalhomma) on Mar 13, 2020 at 11:28am PDT

Unfortunately tonight’s event has been cancelled due to the ongoing health issues regarding the coronavirus. I was more than ready but like I said a million times before- I just try to live in the moment and am certain this situation will lead right where it’s supposed to lead me. Thanks for all the love coming my way- I could feel the energy and am truly blessed. I would also like to thank @bellatormma for the way they‘ve handled the whole situation and how they‘ve been taking care of us #mmaspirit #together

A post shared by Daniel "Drake" Weichel (@daniel_weichel) on Mar 13, 2020 at 11:51am PDT

Our athletes safety, like @nhl and @nba organizations and organizations around the world are making their athletes safety a priority. I’m happy that @bellatormma isn’t putting our athletes at risk. #leadership #blessed . . Posted @withregram • @bellatormma

A post shared by Josh Thomson (@therealpunk) on Mar 13, 2020 at 12:22pm PDT

I want to thank @BellatorMMA for stepping up big time paying guys they full purse. We are very grateful. Special thanks to @MikeKoganMMA for being such a professional @ScottCoker @rich_chou

— Ali Abdelaziz (@AliAbdelaziz00) March 13, 2020

All athletes that were scheduled to compete at #Bellator241, as well as officials, judges, cutmen and additional event personnel, have been compensated. Next to everyone’s health and safety, this was our biggest priority.

— Scott Coker (@ScottCoker) March 13, 2020

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/3/13/21179125/bellator-fighters-react-to-bellator-241-postponement