MMA: UFC Fight Night-Singapore- Gane vs Mayes Heavyweight prospect Ciryl Gane is out of UFC's upcoming show in Brooklyn, New York. | Paul Miller-USA TODAY Sports

Shamil Abdurakhimov needs a new opponent for UFC 249 after Ciryl Gane announced on social media he will not be able to fight on April 18.

According to Gane, he’s been “struck by another pneumothorax during training” and is “impossible” to be 100 percent by the time of the fight.

Unfortunately I will not be able to compete in New York for UFC 249. I was struck by another pneumothorax during training. Impossible for me to be at 100% by April 18. Don't worry, everything is fine! I will take this time off to recover and return at my best! @mmafactory_fr pic.twitter.com/kIpoLZtZoS

— Ciryl Gane (@ciryl_gane) March 5, 2020

Abdurakhimov (20-5) is looking to bounce back from a loss to Curtis Blaydes in September. The 38-year-old heavyweight holds a UFC record of 5-3 with wins over the likes of Andrei Arlovski, Marcin Tybura and Walt Harris.

Gane improved to 6-0 in MMA with a trio of UFC victories against Raphael Pessoa, Dontale Mayes and Tanner Boser in a four-month span in 2019, but will be forced to wait on the sidelines before his fourth Octagon appearance is booked.

UFC 249 is scheduled for the Barclays Center in Brooklyn with Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson as the headlining attraction. The co-main event sees former strawweight queens Jessica Andrade and Rose Namajunas in a rematch.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/3/5/21166938/ciryl-gane-out-ufc-249-fight-shamil-abdurakhimov